Monday, December 26, 2011

Defining Yourself

Have you ever tried to explain who you are?

Many times we have an idea of how we act and feel from day to day, but does that mean we know who we really are? I think that coming to know ourselves is one of the most important things we can do to make our lives more fulfilling. I need to know what I value, what kind of people I want in my life, what I want to do to make me happy in my work, what motivates me and what gives me joy.

Asking these kinds of questions of ourselves can lead to insight and some new views of who you are. Actually sitting down with a pen and paper to answer the following questions will lead you to a better understanding of who you are. Then you will be able to analyze whether you are being true to yourself in the way you are conducting your life, or not.

What are the priorities in my life at this time?
What do I value?
What principles do I live my life by?
Am I currently following these principles?
What makes me happy?
What makes me sad?
What makes me angry?
What makes me fearful?
Do I like to have time alone or do I prefer to be with others?
Am I physically and emotionally as healthy as I want to be?
Is it important to be connected to my family?
How do I define success?
If I could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Am I a leader or one who feels more comfortable following?

Taking the time to do some writing and thinking on this subject is a great way to ready yourself for the New Year. Make it a point to know who you are in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment